As one of our objectives at Web3 Foundation is promoting the Web3 technology stack, we would like to support any individual or team who wants to organize a hackathon that encourages more developers to understand Polkadot and Substrate in your region or online.
We are not only providing technical resources for you, but we can have someone from our team give a hands-on workshop/presentation about the technology to help participants get started hacking on it more quickly.
- Bonded Tokens
- New governance pallets with different styles of voting & democracy
- Upgrade the TCR pallet
- IPFS integration
- Decentralized identity solutions
- Oracle pallet
- Implement Generalized State Channel/Plasma Chain
- Decentralized Exchange
- Tools for monitoring validator performance
- dApps across different parachains
- Love to deliver the vision of Web3
- Learn the bleeding-edge technology
- Believe the Web3 technology stack is suitable for developers to build their applications
- Like to make connections
A hackathon is aimed at participants who want to deliver their prototype and demonstrate their ideas to reality in a short period (few hours - one day). Workshops are aimed at familiarizing developers with the underlying knowledge and tooling about the resources currently available for certain technologies and how they can make use of it.
- Submit your application (Coming soon.)
- Follow up
- Provide technical resources/materials.
- Find a venue.
- Ensure the hackathon runs smoothly.
- Hackusama - A 7-week online hackathon that was launched for developers to "Build a Blockchain" or submit their wildest tools, visualizations, and ideas to the "Open Hack" category. Many high quality submissions were received.
- Hello World! by Polkadot - A collaborative hackathon celebrating the integration of Polkadot and Kusama into the Gitcoin platform. Had many sets of smaller challenges that rewarded in either DOT or KSM. Opened from 15 October - 12 November 2020.