SPREE (Shared Protected Runtime Execution Enclaves), also known as "trust wormholes," allows parachains to trust one another, regardless of how they upgrade and evolve.
How it works¶
- Parachains can opt-in to special runtime logic fragments (like smart contracts)
- Own storage, own ICMP endpoint
- All instances across parachains have identical logic
- Executes alongside parachain
- Protected: storage can not be altered by parachain logic; messages can not be faked from them by parachains
- Smart protocols - Reddit post by u/tawaran describing "smart protocols" an idea that inspired SPREE.