- White Paper - General Polkadot description.
- Light Paper - Brief, non-technical overview of Polkadot.
- Substrate, Polkadot & The Case for On-Chain Governance - Epicenter interviews Gavin Wood.
- Blockchain Infrastructure - Gavin Wood presents Substrate on Software Daily.
- Polkadot Overview - Gavin Wood chatted about the history of Polkadot and provided a great overview on Zero Knowledge podcast.
- Polkadot Overview - Epicenter interviews Peter Czaban of Web3 Foundation about Polkadot.
- Polkadot & Substrate Overview - Dr. Gavin Wood presents Substrate (blockchain in-a-box + VM) and Polkadot, and builds a blockchain on-stage in 30 minutes using Substrate. (Video)
- Polkadot Overview - Dr. Gavin Wood presents an overview of Polkadot. (Video)
- Polkadot Overview - Dr. Jutta Steiner presents Polkadot. (Video)
- Interoperability Intro - Rob Habermeier presents "Interoperability: Connecting the Dots."
- Consensus and Finality in Polkadot - Talk by Rob Habermeier detailing the consensus mechanism for Polkadot.
- DOT Day Seoul - Video playlist of all talks at DOT Day Seoul.
- Kusama Home Page Front page for all things on Polkadot's canary network, Kusama.
- Kusama User Guide The source of truth for Kusama-specific information.
- Kusama Claims Information for DOT holders to claim their Kusama tokens.
- Kusama Launch Announcement The first announcement of the Kusama network.
- What is Substrate? - Explanation of the framework used to build Polkadot.
- Substrate Intro - Dr. Gavin Wood presents Substrate, one of the technologies underlying Polkadot.
- How Substrate relates to Polkadot - A Tale of Two Technologies Presentation Transcript
- Polkadot & Substrate Overview - Dr. Gavin Wood presents Substrate (blockchain in-a-box + VM) and Polkadot, and builds a blockchain on-stage in 30 minutes using Substrate.
- Preparing for Polkadot's Launch with Substrate - An overview of how to start preparing for Polkadot before the launch date.
- A brief summary of everything Substrate and Polkadot - Blog post which recaps information regarding Substrate and Polkadot.
- On the Horizon for Substrate - Video of Gavin Wood giving roadmap summary of Substrate and updates on Polkadot from the Melonport M-1 conference.
- Governance - Overview of governance system.
- Governance Demo - Dr. Gavin Wood presents the initial governance structure for Polkadot. (Video)
- Kusama Rollout and Governance - Information on the governance on the Kusama Canary network.
Consensus and Finality
- GRANDPA finality gadget - Finality gadget for Polkadot.
- W3F Research - Research hub for Web3 Foundation.
- Kusama Homepage - The Kusama canary network homepage.
- Kusama Announcement - The announcement of Kusama.
- Kusama Rollout and Governance - Initial Kusama rollout plans and governance structure.
- Kusama CC2 Announcement - Announcement on Kusama CC2, the next chapter of the Kusama series.
- Teams building on Polkadot - List of teams building on Polkadot.
- Rust - Initial Polkadot implementation.
- Style Guide - Contribute to the Rust implementation of Polkadot.
Polkadot Runtime Environment
- Polkadot Runtime Environment specification - In progress. A complete specification of the Polkadot Runtime Environment.
- ChainSafe's Go PRE is a 25-person development team based in Toronto. ChainSafe is building an implementation of the beacon chain for Ethereum 2.0 client in TypeScript and this Go implementation of Polkadot.
- Parity Substrate - First implementation, written in Rust. Parity Technologies is a 75-person development team based in the UK and Germany. Parity’s tech is responsible for running the premier client for Ethereum, powering 40% of the nodes in the network. Parity also maintains clients for Bitcoin and is building one for Zcash.
- Substrate Developer Hub - Overviews, tutorials and reference documentation for Substrate.
- Cumulus - A library for making Substrate-built chains compatible with Polkadot.
- Cumulus: Entering the Substratosphere - Talk from Polkadot co-founder Robert Habermeier at EthCC in March 2019 detailing the latest on building parachains with Cumulus.
- Wasmi - WebAssembly interpreter written in Rust.
- Parity Wasm - WebAssembly serialization/deserialization in Rust.
- Wasm utils - Collection of Wasm utilities used in Parity and Wasm contract development.
- Rust libp2p - The Rust Implementation of libp2p networking stack.
- Parity Bridge - Bridge between any two ethereum-based networks.
Running a node
- Polkadot UI - Get started on the testnet.
- Install Kusama - Install Polkadot's client and connect to the Kusama canary network.
- Install PoC-4 - Install Polkadot's client and connect to the global PoC-4 testnet, Alexander.
- Substrate node - Install and run a Substrate node on Dried-Danta testnet.
- Get testnet DOTS - Receive the native testnet token.
- Deploy a Parachain - Deploy a blockchain on the testnet.
UI and explorers
- Polkadot Explorer - Browser for the Polkadot network; can be used for Alexander, Kusama, or your own private network.
- Telemetry - Information services website for nodes.
- Polkascan - Real-time multi-chain data for Polkadot Relay Chain ation on and Parity Substrate chains.
- Polka.io - Polkadot Muti-Chain Explorer
- Polkastat - See staking and validator inform