The tools that accentuate and aggregate the data within blockchains are integral for a multi-chain future. Parachains will need robust and secure ways to index and aggregate data, such as a data aggregation layer.
Indexing and Querying
Subsquid is an open-source framework for building tailored GraphQL APIs to query Substrate chain state and history.
Subsquid replaces direct gRPC node access with performant Squid archive gateways, allowing quick synchronization of the API with the historical on-chain data.
Subsquid-powered APIs support filtering, pagination, union types, interfaces and full-text search out-of-the-box, and can be further extended with custom GraphQL resolvers.
SubQuery is a fast, flexible, and reliable open-source data indexer that provides you with custom APIs for your Substrate/Polkadot project. We build the best, fully-featured indexer, so you don’t have to, with:
- automatic support for any Substrate network
- support for all Polkadot smart contract frameworks (FrontierEVM, Acala EVM+, and Wasm)
- automated historical state tracking to enable faster partial re-indexing
- a lightweight and portable design that doesn't require centralised archives
- full support for GraphQL filtering, pagination, interfaces, subscriptions, and aggregations
- a future decentralized network acts as chain-agnostic data aggregation, indexing, and querying layer between blockchains and applications that will not require centralised services.
To start building, head to the SubQuery documentation where you'll find quick start guides and walkthrough developer tutorials.
Web3GO is a Polkadot-based open data analytics platform that provides infrastructure and tooling to help users visualize, curate, share, and analyze on-chain data.
The Graph is a layer-1 indexing tool and querying layer for the decentralized web, who announced an integration plan to bring indexing and querying to Polkadot.
The Graph allows developers to build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs. Applications can query subgraphs using GraphQL.
Covalent offers a unified API to understand the data on a blockchain, and is currently live on the Moonbeam network, bringing visibility to billions of blockchain data points to Polkadot via their unified API. The approach to deploy on Moonbeam simplifies the development of Polkadot-based blockchain applications as compared to implementing a full parachain or parathread.
Covalent captures the entire history of blockchains and offers a way to zoom into data points recorded in smart contracts that are often not accessible.
As you can imagine, blockchain explorers also offer data analytics through an interface where users can examine common data points.
Some block explorers in the Polkadot ecosystem are listed on the tools page.